Thursday, May 17, 2012

Frugal Living Friday's

I know, I know..I been MIA for a while. I thought in hopes to fix the lack of blogging I could offer a weekly series. In turn it means I'll be blogging once a week at least rather than once every few months!! So I present to you, Frugal Living Friday's. Each Friday I'll be offering money saving tips.

Tip #1
Organize your bill payments. First of all, make sure you are paying these on time. You pay enough of your hard earned money out to these companies, you don't need to shell out more each just because you forgot to pay the bill on it's due date. I schedule off two days each month to pay bills. The 1st and 15th of each month. So that means some bills will get paid a bit early, and some just a few days before they are due. My hubby plays with the kids while I pour a cup of coffee and sit and my desk and get to work! I love online banking for that. No dragging the kids to the bank (that would be a epic fail)




  • You should also check your utilities and see where you could save. Most companies offer discounts if you have more than one service through them. 
  • Shave off any unnecessary expenses. Do you really need the monthly gym membership, or magazine subscription? Are you getting your moneys worth out of it all?
  • Check your utility packages and make adjustments. Our needs change over time. example; when I purchased our bell satellite I had an extra package so I could get HBO to watch Sex and the City. The series is long over, so I opted out of that package saving a few bucks off my bill.

Those are just a few little tips, but reviewing and organizing your monthly payments can shave you a few dollars here and there. It all adds up, just calculate your savings over a 12 month period.  

No comments:

Post a Comment