Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Black midnight cake & nutella butter-cream frosting

To me, nothing beats a moist chocolaty cake and a hot mug of dark coffee. Thankfully weight loss isn't on my 2013 resolutions ;)

I love to try many different recipes, but this chocolate cake recipe has had me hooked! It's turned out a fluffy, moist cake every time. Never to disappoint! The butter-cream icing is wonderful as well. I usually use it to frost banana squares but found it soothed my chocolate cravings on this cake. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.









Black midnight chocolate cake:

2/3 cup shortening
1 2/3 cups sugar
3 eggs
2 1/4 cups flour 
2/3 cup cocoa
1/4 tsp. baking powder
1 1/4 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 1/3 cups water
1 tsp vanilla


1. beat the shortening, sugar, and eggs till nice and fluffy 2. sift together the flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking  soda, and salt 3. mix dry ingredients  and then a combination of water and vanilla in alternately with the sugar/shortening mixture 4. pour into 2 9-inch layer pans that have been greased and lightly floured 5. bake at 350 degrees for 35 mins. Let cool completely on a wire rack before frosting the cake.

Nutella Butter-cream:

1/2 cup of butter
2 cups of confectioner's sugar
4 tbs milk
3 tbs cocoa powder (unsweetened)
ONE CUP of Nutella ;) 


cream together butter and sugar. Add to the mixture the milk and the cocoa powder. Mix well. Finally beat in the Nutella. Beat on high so frosting gets nice and fluffy.

Now go enjoy your chocolate bliss creation!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment